Bring your deposits, bills or your entire account
Bank Moving Service
What is the Bank Moving Service?
An easy and free way to change to BBVA. We'll take care of all the arrangements.
Changing your bank doesn't cost anything
You just have to become a customer and complete your application to bring over your account:
- Enter the account numbers: the one you want to transfer and the destination account at BBVA.
- Choose what you want to bring over: transfers, deposits, balance or bills (debits) arranged in your other account.
- We will make all the arrangements and even request the closure of your other account.
Would you rather bring only certain deposits or bills?
Do you want to change to BBVA today? Make your request and in less than 48 hours we will contact your other bank to start the arrangements.
Why change to BBVA?
Because we take care of all the arrangements and you have a lot to gain:
- You won't pay any administration or maintenance fees with the Online Account, or issuance and maintenance fees for the Aqua Debit Card.
- Withdraw cash on debit for no fee at over 6,000 BBVA ATMs throughout Spain.
- You'll get better conditions on loans and mortgages.
- And you'll get your paycheck* when you want.
Advance of a single paycheck, up to €5,000, 1 to 6 month term. Subject to approval by BBVA. Example: €1,500 loan, 6-month term, €20 commitment fee, 0% NIR, 5.50% APR (postal expenses have been taken into account when calculating the APR: €0.55/month). Total debited amount: €1,523.3. Loans subject to approval by BBVA. Full terms and conditions at bbva.es
Would you like more information?
- You will need to have a payment account for individuals with BBVA. Keep in mind that corporate accounts and those intended for commercial or professional activities are excluded.
- The account holders of the recipient and source account must be the same and the transfer application must be signed by each and every one. The other bank may refuse the transfer if the general conditions of the service are not fulfilled. It is also possible that balance transfers may be denied when the source account has direct debit payment commitments.
- On the transfer request form, you have to specify what information you want BBVA to request from your other bank and what it will be used for. And if you want, you will receive a copy of the information that is exchanged between the banks.
- If you want to close your previous account, you will have to return any cards, checks, passbooks, etc. that are in your possession to the original bank.
- A balance transfer will result in the original account being closed. Partial transfers will not be accepted. It's free and it is started by the source bank on the date you specify. It may take a few days for your account to be credited
- Any transfer you make between the source account and the destination account outside the transfer process may entail a fee.
- You have to keep a sufficient balance in the old account until the transfer is complete.
Once you open your free account, you can request the transfer of accounts from bbva.es, the mobile app or at a BBVA branch.
- Enter the number of the account you want to transfer to BBVA and choose all the options you like: transfer your standing orders; transfer your recurring income and debits; close your other account by transferring the entire balance.
- Specify the date on which you want the transfer to be made. Select a date such that any payment commitments and recurring deposits (salaries, pensions, etc.) will have time to reach the new account.
- The minimum period for completing the process is 15 business days after all the account holders sign the request.
- The balance is transferred from the other bank on the date specified by the customer. It could take a few days for the amount to be deposited in the destination account.
- The transfer process will commence when the request is signed by all the account holders.
- Within 2 days, BBVA will ask your other bank for the details needed to transfer the account.
- Your other bank will have a maximum of 5 days to accept it and send us the information requested.
- Once the information is received, BBVA will have 5 days to set up the standing orders from your old account into your new account and notify the payment issuers of the new account.
- Your other bank will take care of closing the account and transferring the balance to your BBVA account on the date you specify in the request.
We keep you informed of how the process is progressing and, if necessary, we will ask you for additional information through notifications in the My Mailbox section of the website and the mobile app, and also by email.
To manage the account transfer procedure, BBVA will do the following:
- Ask your other bank for the information necessary to manage and process your request to transfer the account to BBVA.
- Set up any permanent transfer orders that you want in your new BBVA account, starting from the date you state in your request (your other bank will be responsible for cancelling these same orders in your previous account).
- If you wish, BBVA will notify your payers and issuers of your direct debits (bills) of the account change. The account change will be processed by your payers and issuers.
- Manage with the Social Security the change of pension account of the general regime (temporarily only available in applications made at a Branch). BBVA sends your application to the General Treasury of the Social Security (TGSS) and will inform you if it is accepted or rejected. The TGSS will also manage the change of the pension account you have in your name.
- To ensure that no charge is returned, BBVA will accept direct debits (bills) and incoming transfers from the date specified in your application (your other bank will no longer accept them).
There are entities, companies and agencies that issue direct debits, such as the Tax Agency and some municipalities, that only allow the account holder to be the one to report a change in accounts. In addition, in the case of municipalities, changes to direct debited tax payments (property tax, waste collection tax, etc.) are not allowed in the 2 months prior to the voluntary payment period.
Keep these cases in mind when choosing the date to execute the transfer. And make sure you keep a balance in both accounts, the old one and the BBVA account, so you can make any payments until the account is transferred.
The transfer of accounts between banks in Spain takes at least 15 business days from the application date (this includes the period for every account holder to sign). If you wish, you can also request that it be done over a longer period of time.
Keep in mind what type of operation you are going to transfer, because it could affect the transfer times. Our general recommendation is that you select 1 month from the current date.
Some deposits, such as a pension or paycheck, can take up to 2 months to change accounts.
BBVA will send the account change request on your behalf.
Both payers and payees will be responsible for changing the direct deposit/debit accounts.
If you choose the "bring income" or "bring bills" option, you can choose which income and direct debits (bills) you wish to bring to BBVA.
However, if you choose the "bring your entire account" option, we have to bring all the deposits, direct debits (bills) and periodic transfers associated with that account.