- The IBAN number of the account you want to transfer to BBVA. You can view and copy it in your private area or the other bank's app.
- If you want to bring your income, you need to enter the name and email of your payers (paycheck, rental income, etc.).
- If you want to bring a Social Security pension, you need to indicate the amount of this pension.
- If you want to bring your bills, you do not have to enter anything. We will manage it directly with the information provided by your other bank.
Account Transfer Service
Bring your account to BBVA without speaking to your other bank
We will take care of transferring your entire account from another bank, so that you don't have to worry about anything.
- Without going to the branch.
- With no procedures or paperwork.
- We are with you throughout the whole process.
Open your Fee-Free Online Account and change banks. It's free of charge.
Choose what to bring, we'll take care of it
Would you prefer to direct deposit just your paycheck or debit a specific bill?
How can you bring your account from another bank to BBVA?
- Specify the number of the account you want to transfer to BBVA.
- Choose what you want to bring over: transfers, income and bills, balance, etc.
- Enter the contact details of your payers, we will notify them to change the direct debit.
- Choose a transfer date, we will need at least 15 business days to make the arrangements.
When we receive your request, we will contact your other bank within 48 hours to get the transfer started.
To follow the transfer process in detail, you can:
Control your data
Follow the transfer
To resolve your queries
If you need more info
Leave it in our hands. Every month, more than 14,000 people trust BBVA to transfer their account.
This will help clear up any uncertainties
Are you looking for another type of transfer? Visit our branches
Would you like more information?
Yes, your other bank may refuse the transfer request if you have products linked to the account (loan, mortgage, cards, investment funds etc.). Remember to cancel all the products before making the transfer.
Remember that for the transfer to go smoothly, the BBVA account must have the same holders as the account at the other bank.
Also, if you want to close the account in another bank, you will have return the cards, checks or passbooks that you have associated with this account first.
- The accounts must be under the same names in BBVA and the other bank. The transfer request must also be signed by all the account holders.
- The BBVA account cannot be for companies or professional activities.
- It is not possible to transfer only part of the balance. Your other bank will take care of closing the account and transferring the balance to your BBVA account on the date you specify.
- Transfer some recurring payments or taxes such as the IBI [Spanish yearly property tax]
Certain direct billing issuers require the account holder to inform of the account change, such as the Tax Agency and certain local authorities. In addition, local authorities do not allow changes to the direct billing of taxes (property taxes, waste disposal tax...) in the two months before the voluntary payment period.
- Transfer the unemployment benefit
The government requires that the recipient himself/herself process the change of credit account, so you will need to request the change through SEPE. We'll tell you how to do this.
- Transfer pensions not managed by SS
If you receive pensions from other organizations, like Muface, Mugeju or Isfas, you will need to contact the relevant agency in-person to report the change in accounts.
- Transfer the balance and close the account
BBVA will forward your request and your other bank will take care of transferring the balance and closing the account on the date you specify.
It's important to remember these steps when choosing the transfer date. We also recommend you keep enough balance in both accounts, at your old bank and BBVA, to make any payments until the transfer is complete.
In the Account Transfer Service, BBVA performs the following steps:
- Request information from your other bank to process the transfer.
- Set up regular transfers to your new BBVA account, starting on the date you specify in your request. Your bank will cancel them in your other account.
- Communicate the change of account to your payers and issuers of your debited bills (debits). BBVA will send them a request to make the account change. If you prefer to inform them of the change personally, we will provide you with the necessary documents.
- To make sure that no bill (debit) is returned, BBVA will accept direct debits and incoming transfers as of the date set for the transfer. And at the same time, your other bank will stop accepting them.
- Manage the general pension transfer with the Social Security Treasury. To do this, BBVA will contact SS to request the change in direct deposit accounts for the pension, and will inform you if SS accepts or rejects your request. SS will process the change in deposit accounts for all the pensions that are in your name. Remember that non-contributory pensions or pensions from other organizations, such as Muface, Mugeju, Isfas, etc., are excluded.
- Specify the number of the account you want to transfer to BBVA.
- Choose what you want to transfer: your standing orders, your direct deposits/debits, or your entire balance, and also whether to close your other account.
- Choose a date to make the transfer. We recommend one with sufficient margin to have your income (paycheck, pension) and bills deposited in or charged to your new account. The minimum period is 15 business days after all the account holders sign the request.
- The transfer will start once the request is signed by all the account holders. The deadline for signing is 2 days, after which the request will be cancelled and you will have to make a new one.
- Within 2 days, BBVA will ask your other bank for the information needed for the transfer.
- Your other bank will have 5 days to accept it and send us the information we requested.
- Upon receiving the information, BBVA will have 5 days to set up the standing orders in the account and notify the payers and payees of the new account number.
- Your other bank will take care of closing the account and transferring the balance to your BBVA account on the date you specify in the request.
- We will inform you about how the process is progressing. If we need to, we will ask you for additional information through notifications on the app or website, and also by email.