- If you already have an account with BBVA, you can request the transfer of accounts from bbva.es, the mobile app or at a BBVA branch. Corporate accounts and those intended for commercial or professional activities are excluded.
- Enter the number of the account you want to transfer to BBVA and choose all the options you like: transfer your standing orders; transfer your recurring income and bills; close your other account by transferring the entire balance.
- Specify the date on which you want the transfer to be made. Select a date such that any payment commitments and recurring deposits (salaries, pensions, etc.) will have time to reach the new account. The minimum period for completing the process is 15 business days after all the account holders sign the request. The balance is transferred from the other bank on the date specified. It could take a few days for the amount to be deposited in the destination account.
- The transfer process will commence when the request is signed by all the account holders.
- Within 2 days, BBVA will ask your other bank for the details needed to transfer the account.
- Your other bank will have a maximum of 5 days to accept it and send us the information requested.
- Once the information is received, BBVA will have a period of 5 days to set up the standing orders from your old account into your new account and notify the payers and issuers of bills of the new account.
- Your other bank will take care of closing the account and transferring the balance to your BBVA account on the date you specify in the request.
We keep you informed of how the process is progressing and, if necessary, we will ask you for additional information through notifications in the My Mailbox section of the website and the mobile app, and also by email.