Legal notice and conditions of use
Corporate name: Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.
Tax identification number: CIF A-48265169
Registered office: Plaza San Nicolás 4, 48005 Bilbao
Entry in the Commercial Registry: BBVA is registered in the Vizcaya Companies Registry, Volume 2.083, Page 1, Sheet BI-17-A, entry 1
Contact email: If the user has any enquiries, they can contact BBVA at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
The terms and conditions of use of the Website (the "Conditions of Use"), which Users of the site must comply with at all times, are set out below.
Acceptance of the conditions of use
The present Conditions of Use regulate use of the Website that BBVA makes available to the Users.
Access to and use of the Website by the User implies the User's full acceptance of the Terms and Conditions for the Website and obligation to fully comply with them. Therefore, the User must carefully read the present Conditions of Use, as well as the rest of the Terms and Conditions for the Website on each occasion he or she intends to use the Website, since these may undergo modifications, and with the User being notified about these at the time of the new access. BBVA reserves the right to update, modify, or eliminate the present Terms and Conditions for the Website.
Conditions of Use for the website
The User is obligated to make proper use of the Website, with proper use understood to mean that conforming with the legislation in effect, good faith, and public order. The User is also committed to refraining from use the Website for fraudulent purposes, and to refrain from any conduct that could damage the image, interests, or rights of BBVA or of any third parties. The User is also committed to refraining from any act that has the intention of damaging or overloading the Website or otherwise making it unusable, or that in any way impedes the normal use and functioning of the Website.
The User is hereby informed that, in the case of non-compliance with any of the obligations derived from the Terms and Conditions for the Website or from any of the other individual terms or conditions found at the Website, BBVA reserves the right to limit, suspend, or terminate the User's access to the Website, adopting any technical measures that may be necessary for this purpose. BBVA also reserves the possibility of exercising such measures under circumstances where there is reasonable suspicion that the User is violating any of the terms found in the Terms and Conditions of the Website or any other individual terms or conditions found on the Website.
BBVA reserves the right to update, modify, or delete the information contained on the Website, including the contents and/or services integrated into it, and may limit or disallow access to such information at any time and without prior notice. BBVA especially reserves the right to delete, limit, or prevent access to the Website when technical difficulties arise due to facts or circumstances beyond BBVA's control, and which, in the judgment of BBVA, may decrease or invalidate the security levels or standards adopted for appropriate operation of the Website. For such purposes, BBVA reserves the authority to, at any time, decide whether to continue with the information society services that it provides through the Website.
Contents of the Website
The intellectual and industrial property rights over the Website belong to BBVA or its licensees, including the availability of its contents, the sui generis right over the underlying databases, the graphic design and User interface of the Website (look & feel), the underlying computer programs (including source and object codes), as well as the various elements integrated into the Website (texts, graphics, photographs, videos, sound recordings, etc.) (the "Contents"). BBVA or its licensees also own the rights to the distinctive signs and symbols included on the Website (brands and trademarks).
Use of the Website by the User does not imply cession of any intellectual and/or industrial property rights over the Website, its Contents, and/or the distinctive symbols of BBVA. Therefore, the current Conditions of Use, except under circumstances where legally permissible or with prior authorization from BBVA, expressly prohibit the user from reproducing, transforming, distributing, publicly communicating, making available, extracting from, and/or reusing the Website, its Contents, and/or the distinctive symbols of BBVA or those of any other third party that may be incorporated into the Website. BBVA reserves the right to take legal action against Users who violate or infringe upon the intellectual and/or industrial property rights.
BBVA grants authorization to use the Website to Users who respect the Terms and Conditions of the Website, with a non-exclusive nature, during the maximum period of validity of the intellectual and industrial property rights as established in the applicable legislation (except in cases where access to the Website has been suspended for justifiable cause), so that the User can use the Website in conformity with the present document.
BBVA also DECLARES the following:
- The information contained on the Website is for informational purposes, and does not provide any type of recommendation, nor may it be considered in any case as legal, fiscal, financial, investment, technical advice, or an offer or guarantee on the part of BBVA, nor may it be understood as a recommendation to perform transactions, nor shall it represent the basis for making a decision in a certain direction. BBV a waives all liability for use of the information contained on the Website in such a way, and it must specifically be understood that said information, according to the regulations in effect in Spain, is not targeted towards any Users acting under other jurisdictions of other countries that may require compliance with requirements regarding making this type of information available, distributing it, or publishing it.
- The information provided by BBVA on the Website does not represent a technical opinion of BBVA.
- BBVA is not responsible for whether the information contained on the Website meets the User's expectations. BBVA is not responsible for the veracity, accuracy, sufficiency, integrity, or updating of information it has not produced itself and for which another source is indicated. BBVA also does not accept liability for opinions or comments that may appear on the Website, since they may have been produced by the Users individually or may come from the sources indicated.
- BBVA reserves the right to update, modify, or delete the information contained on the Website under the terms indicated previously, and accepts no commitment to provide notification of changes or modify the contents. The User RECOGNIZES AND ACCEPTS the statements made by BBVA above, and additionally, GUARANTEES compliance with all regulations that may be applicable to him or her in the condition of a User of this Website.
Establishing links with the Website
It is prohibited to establish links that lead to the Website, unless this has been previously authorized by BBVA. In any case, once the linking has been authorized by BBVA, it must take place under the following terms:
- The link may not consist of frames that allow viewing of the Website via Internet addresses other than those of the Website, or that in any other way jointly display the information from the website with the information included on the other web pages.
- The website that contains the link (the "Linking Site") must not contain any type of false, inaccurate, or incorrect statements about the Website and/or BBVA.
- In no case does the authorization granted by BBVA mean that: (i) BBVA sponsors, collaborates with, verifies, or oversees the content and/or services provided via the Linking Site. (ii) BBVA is in any way responsible for the contents of the Linking Site.
- The Linking Site must faithfully comply with the Law, and may not in any case host content (whether its own or that of third parties) that: (i) is illegal, damaging to the rights of third parties, harmful, insulting, violent, inappropriate, or that in any other way contradicts common decency and social mores (pornographic, racist, etc.); (ii) gives or could give the User the false impression that BBVA endorses, backs, adheres to, or in any other way supports the ideas, statements, or expressions of the issuer, whether legal or illegal; or (iii) is inappropriate or does not pertain to BBVA's activities.
In the event of failure to comply with any of the terms listed above, BBVA will take the appropriate legal measures.
In order to help the User find further information, BBVA may include various types of technical linking devices that allow the User to access other websites (the "Linked Sites"). In such cases, BBVA acts as a provider of intermediary services, according to the contents of article 17 of Spain's Law on Information Society Services (LSSI in Spanish). According to the contents of the cited legislation, BBVA will not be liable for the services and contents provided via the Linked Sites, unless it has effective knowledge of illegal content and has not deactivated the link with due diligence.
In no case does the existence of Linked Sites imply BBVA's recommendation, promotion, identification, or conformity with the statements, contents, or services provided via the Linked Sites. As a result, BBVA does not accept liability for the contents of the Linked Sites, nor for their conditions of use or privacy policies. The User is solely responsible for verifying these and accepting them each time it accesses and uses such sites.
Reporting activities of an illegal or inappropriate nature
If the User or any other Internet user has knowledge that any type of information or content on the website, or provided through it, is illegal, or violates the rights of third parties, or is harmful, insulting, violent, inappropriate, contrary to the contents of the present Conditions of Use, or in any way contrary to common decency and social mores, said User may contact BBVA and indicate the following information:
- personal details for the person providing notification: name, address, phone number, and e-mail address;
- description of the facts that reveal the illegal or inappropriate nature of the content or information, as well as the specific address where it is found;
- under circumstances where the rights of third parties are violated, such as intellectual and industrial property rights, information on the holder of the infringed right must be provided if this is someone other than the person providing the notification. Furthermore, the document verifying ownership of the violated rights must be provided, and as applicable, the document verifying representation to act on behalf of the owner, when that owner is someone other than the person providing notification.
Receipt of the notification described in this clause by BBVA shall not entail effective knowledge of the activities and/or contents indicated by the reporting person when this knowledge is not obvious or evident. In any case, BBVA reserves the right to suspend or remove any contents that, even if not illegal, are contrary to the rules established in these Conditions of Use, after consideration the legal issues involved.
Responsibility of BBVA
The User must be aware that communications performed through open networks are exposed to a variety of threats and may not be considered as secure. It is the User's responsibility to adopt all appropriate technical measures to reasonably control these threats, including among others, possessing updated detection systems for malicious software such as viruses, Trojan horses, etc., as well as keeping security patches up-to-date in the corresponding browsers. For more information, you can view BBVA's Security Policy or contact your Internet service provider who will be able to provide you appropriate solutions for your needs. Within the maximum scope permitted by the applicable legislation, BBVA waives liability for damages or losses caused to the User as a result of risks inherent to the media employed, as well as for those caused by vulnerabilities in the User's systems and tools. BBVA also does not guarantee the full security of its systems, and although appropriate security measures have been adopted, the existence of vulnerabilities cannot be fully eliminated and the User must therefore use caution when interacting with the Website.
In particular, BBVA will not be liable for:
- Damages or losses of any type caused to the User's computer equipment by viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any other harmful element.
- Damages or losses of any type caused to the User by malfunctions or disconnections in the telecommunication networks that lead to suspension, cancellation, or interruption of the Website's services while they are being provided. In relation to this, the User hereby recognizes that access to the Website requires services supplied by third parties that are beyond BBVA's control (for example: operators of telecom networks, access providers, etc.) where BBVA is not in control of the reliability, quality, continuity, and operation. BBVA is also not responsible for guaranteeing the availability of service.
- Information from third parties in cases where BBV a is acting as an intermediary service provider in the sense defined by the LSSI, except when there was effective knowledge of the information and it was not removed.
BBVA Will also not be liable for damage or injury, whether direct or indirect, that the Users may suffer by improper use of this Website or its contents BBVA does not assume any commitment to providing notification of changes to the content or to modifying it.