BBVA has a Corporate Social Responsibility policy aimed at generating a positive impact on society, as we strive to leave no one behind in our goal of making all the opportunities of this new era available to everyone.
The universal accessibility and design of our digital platforms is essential to achieve this purpose and promote financial inclusion. To this end, at BBVA we are actively working to reach the optimum level of accessibility, as per WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), level AA, defined by the WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) working group of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
We want to remove any accessibility barriers that users may encounter, both from our website and our app, so we have added to our work methods the approach needed to achieve this, and applied it to areas such as the following:
- Color contrasts based on the ratios defined in the standard.
- Use and consistency of headers, buttons and links.
- Semantics and application of the WAI-ARIA standard in complex interaction elements.
- Browsing with the keyboard or with the use of technical aids, such as screen readers.
- Clear and understandable language guidelines.
Given the large volume of pages and features we have, we are continuing to work to reach and maintain levels of accessibility in the majority of our operations.
At BBVA, we create opportunities, and we want to make them available to everyone.