Fixed-rate Efficient Home Mortgage
A fixed fee for energy-saving homes
Fixed 2% NIR for 15 years.
We will apply a 1% discount to the NIR for the first 6 months.
Always pay the same amount
Without purchasing other products
Up to 15 years
2.50% APR over 15 years
Without direct depositing your paycheck or taking out insurance from BBVA. During the first 6 months, the interest rate will be 1% NIR, 2.50% APR.
What if you choose a longer term?
The repayment period you choose for your Efficient Home Mortgage affects the interest rate, which is why we provide several examples with specific numbers:
With an efficient home, you can save up to €1,000 a year on heating, electricity and water.
How to lower your interest rate
Some BBVA products offer a discounted interest rate. You are not required to take out these products. However, by doing so, you may pay less on your mortgage.
- Direct deposit your income at BBVA: paycheck of over €600 or pension of over €300. If you are self-employed, you just have to direct debit your social security payment.
- Comprehensive Home Insurance from BBVA Allianz: valid and up to date on the payments.
- BBVA Seguros loan repayment insurance: valid, up to date on the payments and covering at least half of the mortgage amount. If the 50% exceeds €150,000, this amount is enough.
Remember that the insurance policies are subject to approval by BBVA Allianz Seguros and BBVA Seguros.
Make your sustainable home a reality
Finance up to 80% of its value
You can request up to 80% for your main residence and up to 70% for a second home. If the market price and the appraised value don't match, the lower of the two will be used as a reference.
Remember that to request the Efficient Home Mortgage, you need to have the type-A energy efficiency certificate for the home you want to buy.
Up to 30-year term
You can request a maximum term of 30 years to repay your mortgage. Please note that the age of the youngest account holder with an income and the term of the mortgage may not exceed 70 years. For example, if the youngest account holder is 50 years old, they can request a maximum term of 20 years.
If the payment date is not on the same monthly date as the signature date, the maximum term of 30 years will be divided into 359 monthly payments, including principal and interest, plus an initial interest-only payment.
With an efficient home, you can consume less energy and reduce your CO2 emissions.
Applying for a mortgage is that simple
Buying a home is an important decision, which is why we'll guide you throughout the process:
- Complete the application with your personal and financial details.
- We will contact you to ask you for certain documents, such as the A energy certificate of the home.
- We will analyze these documents to determine if your mortgage is viable.
- If everything checks out, the next step will be to appraise the property.
- If the mortgage is approved, all that is left is to sign the documents in the presence of a notary.
Would you like more information?
You might also be interested in
Be a BBVA customer.
- We are leaders in digital innovation working to make your life that bit easier.
- Our approach is based on transparency, clarity and responsibility.