Turn cards on and off
Activate and deactivate your cards if you cannot locate them or if you suspect a possible fraud
- Control the use of your cards in the safest way.
- You can turn them on (activate them) or turn them off (deactivate them) at any time, if you have an emergency, if you cannot find them or if you are not going to use them for a while.
What is turning your cards on and off?
It is an option offered by BBVA so that you can turn your debit and/or credit cards on or off whenever you want, whether due to lack of use, loss, theft or if you suspect possible fraud in your account.
At any time, you can temporarily turn off your cards, or cancel them completely, disabling them to make online or physical purchases, transfers, payments abroad or make inquiries and withdraw money at ATMs.
If for any reason you use a "turned off" card to carry out an operation, you will receive a notification indicating that you must "turn it on" again if you want to use it.
How do I turn my card on or off?
Go into your online banking with your cell phone or tablet to turn your cards on or off whenever you need to.
With your cell phone in the app:
- On the Home screen, click on the card you want and choose the 'Turn Off or On' card option.
- In your Global Position, in the Cards section, press 'Limit operations' and select the card you want to turn on or off.
- Click on the General icon > Next.
- On that screen you can turn your card on or off, temporarily or completely.