Website (computer or tablet): It will take you 9-14 minutes to complete the process.
- Go to bbva.es and click on the blue “Become a customer” button located at the top of the page on the right.
- Select the account you want to open and click on the “Become a customer” button.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on the “I Understand” button.
- Fill in all fields on the form.
- Remember to click on the “Next” button to move forward in the process. Any fields that are filled in incorrectly will be marked in red.
- Use the SMS code to sign all of the contracts and documents needed to open an account and contract a card. BBVA will send a free message containing a 6-digit code to the cell phone number you entered during the process.
- Attach the required documentation (Tax ID Number, Foreigner ID Number, etc.). Once completed, make sure that the required documentation was delivered.
Important: During the sign-up process you will have to choose one of these two methods of identification:
- Iberpay: using an account number you have from another bank. In approximately 10-12 days (once you have submitted all of the required documentation) you will receive an email notifying you that your account is now operational and you can perform deposits and make purchases in a normal manner. You will also be able to access your account overview to verify the status of issuance of your card.
- By courier: in person. If you selected the “Courier” option, at the end of the process we will show you a screen with a telephone number you can use to contact* the courier service that works with BBVA. You have to make appointment at the address you provide and they will drop by to pick up your documentation. When the courier has received this documentation, and after comparing the data provided, you will receive an email sent to your email account and an SMS to your cell phone to notify you that your account is now operational and you can make deposits, purchases, etc. in a normal manner. You can also access your account overview to verify the status of issuance of your card (link to related article).
* If for some reason you have been unable to contact the courier service to arrange an appointment, they will contact you by calling your cell phone number to try to arrange a date and time to pick up your documentation.