Get ready for Black Friday!
The Roots of Black Friday
There are many origin stories for Black Friday.
How Black Friday has evolved
Over time, what was known as Black Friday became a firm fixture on the calendar of both brands and consumers.
However, while staying true to its roots, it has also evolved into the event we know and love today. In terms of sales, the number of brands that have offered irresistible deals to consumers over the years on Black Friday has been growing. The way they are presented is also different, and are now much more striking (by leveraging the technical resources available now). One thing that has changed is how long it lasts. Nowadays, Black Friday discounts are offered over several days, not just one.
What's more, since 2005, Black Friday has been joined by Cyber Monday. A date that, while also highlighted on many calendars, isn't yet as famous as its predecessor. Why? Some people don't know, for example:
- What is Cyber Monday? Created by the shop.org community 15 years ago, its main goal is to promote online purchases.
- When is Cyber Monday? The event takes place on the Monday following Black Friday.
- What are the Cyber Monday deals like? They are quite similar to Black Friday deals (and involve the same products). You just have to keep in mind that they are only accessible online.
When is Black Friday?
Initially, Black Friday fell on the day after Thanksgiving.
How long does Black Friday last?
In theory, Black Friday is supposed to last one day.
Black Friday Deals
There are many Black Friday deals available from small and large stores alike
How can I take advantage of the best Black Friday deals?
The appeal of the deals that brands offer on Black Friday is evident.
To choose the best deals, you should:
- Comparebetween them all, since the number of Black Friday deals has grown year after year, especially once the Internet joined in on the action. The various comparison tools available may be of help, since they have access to the various deals on offer and can highlight those that best match whatever you're looking for.
- See if, together with the brand's Black Friday deal, there are any additional deals, such as free shipping.
- Be on the lookout as well for Black Friday deals offered by brands on tools such as "wikibuy," which can also result in significant discounts for you.
It's also important to consider factors such as:
- The security of the website we make purchases on.
- The terms of purchase of the product you buy.