Energy Efficiency Loan
We can help you save on routine energy costs
What projects can you finance?
With this loan, you can make home renovations and purchase devices designed to save energy, helping you consume responsibly and reduce your carbon footprint:
- Electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
- Electric bicycles and scooters (with and without a motor).
- Purchase of appliances rated A+, A+ or A+++ (formerly rated from A+++ to D) and A, B or C (new rating from A to G).
- Lighting with LED technology.
- Installation of heating and hot water systems, with condensation or biomass boilers and heat pump, rated A+, A++ or A+++ (formerly rated from A+++ to D) and A, B or C (new rating from A to G).
- Automatic on/off timers.
- Presence detection to turn on lighting.
- Wall insulation and window replacement.
- Installation of charging points for electric vehicles.
- Solar panels for self-supply
Better conditions to improve your emissions
To help you make your commitment to the environment a reality, lower energy consumption and therefore CO2 emissions, the BBVA Energy Efficiency Loan will let you finance purchases of ecological devices and upgrades for your home at a special interest rate of 4.95% NIR, 5.22% APR, and no commitment fee.
In order to be eligible for this interest rate, you only need to direct deposit with BBVA a paycheck for a net amount of at least €600 a month, or a pension for a net amount of at least €300 a month.
If you decide not to direct deposit your paycheck or pension, the interest rate would be 1 percentage point higher.
This example will make it clearer
Below is an example of the terms of a BBVA Energy Efficiency loan if you direct deposit your paycheck or pension:
- Loan amount: €10,000.
- Commitment fee: €0.
- Repayment period: 8 years (96 months).
- Constant monthly payment: €126.36.
- Interest rate: 4.95% NIR (5.22% APR).
- Total to repay: €12,197.96.
The APR was calculated taking into account postage expenses (€0.70/month).
If you need to open an account with BBVA to manage the loan, and the conditions for waiving the maintenance fee on said account are not met, said fee would be €120 a year. Therefore, the APR of the loan would be 7.47%, with a total cost of €13,157.96.
Would you like more information?
You might also be interested in
Be a BBVA customer.
- We are leaders in digital innovation working to make your life that bit easier.
- Our approach is based on transparency, clarity and responsibility.