You can use ATMs from the BBVA network to deposit cash, regardless of whether or not you are already a customer of the bank. However, the steps you need to follow will vary depending upon whether or not you are a customer.
How to deposit cash if you are a BBVA customer
- Your BBVA card.
- Or your access credentials (username and password) for bbva.es or the BBVA app.
- Or your passbook. Remember that the most you can deposit at any one time is €100,000. Depositing larger amounts requires filing form S-1 (DECLARACIÓN DE MOVIMIENTO DE MEDIOS DE PAGO).
How to deposit cash if you are not a BBVA customer
- At the ATM you must first select the option “Access without card/passbook”.
- Select the option to make a deposit into a BBVA account.
If you are not a BBVA customer, you will only be able to deposit €1,000 per account per day. For higher amounts, the person performing the operation must be identified.
Deposit money in an ATM: Step-by-step procedure
Regardless of whether or not you are a customer, once you have everything you need to make the deposit you will have to follow the steps below to complete the process:
- Insert your card into the ATM so that the start screen appears.
- Use your PIN to identify yourself.
- Select the option “Perform another operation”.
- Select the option “Deposit cash”.
- Select the recipient account into which you want the deposit to be made, using one of these options.
- Into one of my accounts.
- Into an account with a different account holder.
- Enter the description and recipient for the deposit.
- Follow the instructions on how to insert the cash into the machine. Remember that you cannot deposit coins, only bills, which must be in a stack and not in an envelope or held together with a paperclip.
- Insert the cash into the slot provided for that purpose. A green light will blink on the ATM to indicate that the machine is ready to accept your bills. The ATM will show you texts with the number of bills you can add.
- A count of the cash deposited will appear on the ATM screen, and you will be given the option of either depositing more bills or continuing with the operation.
- At this point you will have three options for the deposit:
- You can have the ATM return the money inserted.
- Deposit all the money inserted into the account.
- Deposit another amount, provided that change is available if any money has to be returned.
- A summary of the deposit will appear on the screen, specifying the recipient account, the recipient, the description of the deposit, the amount deposited, and the total number of bills accepted. Review this information and then press “Continue”.
- Next you will have the option of saving this as “favorite or quick” so you can repeat it in the future without having to enter all the information again if you are a customer. A confirmation for the deposit will also appear on the screen, and you will be able to select either “I want a receipt” or “I do not want a receipt”.
- You can get a printed transaction receipt or have it emailed to you, always free of charge.