BBVA Pet Insurance
Protect your pet as you would any other family member.
What does Pet Insurance cover?
The insurance covers the following:
- Injury to your pet due to theft or accidental death.
- Reimbursement of the costs of placing search ads in the local press or on local radio.
- Kennel expenses if you, your spouse, or children are hospitalized.
- Legal defense.
- Putting down and disposal of remains.
- 24-hour vet helpline.
Which is the right type of policy for you?
You can take out this policy for pets aged between 3 months and 7 years old. In addition to the basic coverage, Pet Insurance covers up to €1,000 or €2,000 in veterinary expenses for accidents or illnesses depending on the insured sum:
Basic PlanYou can take out this policy for pets aged between 3 months and 9 years old. In addition to the basic coverage, it covers up to €1,000 in veterinary expenses for accidents at any veterinary clinic. You'll only need to submit the supporting documents.
- If your pet is treated within the network of affiliated veterinary centers, you won't have to pay anything.
- If your pet is treated at an unauthorized center, you will have to cover the expenses and then request a refund from the insurance company, which will reimburse 80% of the fees.
Can you extend the coverage?
You have the option to take out third-party liability coverage up to €185,000 per claim to compensate a third party for any material and personal damages caused by your pet.
What are the requirements?
- The dog or cat must be your pet, regardless of its breed. Any animals that serve other purposes, such as hunting and/or security, cannot be insured by this policy.
- It must be microchipped.
- It must be up-to-date on vaccinations.
- Be in perfect health with no physical injury or disability:
- It must not be ill or have been ill over the last year.
- It must not have had surgery in its life (except for neutering or spaying).
Would you like more information?
Be a BBVA customer.
- At BBVA we offer a wide range of insurance products to protect everything you need.
- We are leaders in digital innovation working to make your life that bit easier.
- Our approach is based on transparency, clarity and responsibility.