If all holders and authorized holders of a Cuenta de Pago Básica are recognized as being particularly vulnerable or at risk of financial exclusion, the maximum, single and joint fee for the aforementioned services will be €0.
Who is at risk of particular vulnerability or at risk of financial exclusion?
The following are particularly vulnerable or at risk of financial exclusion:
- Customers whose gross economic income, calculated annually and per family unit, does not exceed the following thresholds:
- Three times the multiplier for the Public Income Index over twelve payments, valid at the time of the request for people not integrated into any family unit.
- Three and a half times this indicator for people integrated into one of the family unit types with less than four members.
- Four times this indicator in family units made up of four or more members or which have a recognized status as a large family in accordance with the current regulations.
- Four times this indicator in a family unit with a member who has a disability level of 33% or more officially recognized by a ruling issued by the Institute of the Elderly and Social Services or by the competent body of the Autonomous Communities.
- Customers which, including all the members of their family unit, do not hold direct or indirect ownership or a beneficial right to immovable property, excluding their main residence, or beneficial ownership of commercial companies.
- People who are victims of trafficking or sexual exploitation will be exempt from complying with the two previous sections. This condition may be certified through the standard verification form issued by social services or a company specializing in the subject.
How can I request this for free?
The customer may request a situation of particular vulnerability by filling in the form that will be given to them together with the rest of the documentation of the Cuenta de Pago Básica and providing the documentation stated in that document.
What documentation do I have to submit?
Accreditation of the circumstances that will give rise to the free nature of the account. All the holders and authorized persons must meet this requirement. The following documentation must be provided in relation to all the persons that make up the family unit.
- In order to accredit the number of people that make up the family unit, it is necessary to provide the libro de familia (family book) or document accrediting registration as a civil partnership.
- To prove receipt of income by members of the family unit, one of the following documents must be provided:
- Income certificate, and where applicable, a certificate relating to the filing of Wealth Tax, issued by the State Tax Administration Agency or the competent body of the Autonomous Community, where applicable, with regard to the last tax year.
- Last three paychecks received.
- A certificate issued by the company managing unemployment benefits or subsidies, which includes the monthly amount received for these items.
- Certificate accrediting social salaries, minimum insertion income or similar social aid granted by Autonomous Communities and local entities.
- In the case of a self-employed worker, a certificate issued by the management body showing the monthly amount received if he/she is receiving the cessation of activity benefit.
If the customer does not have the documentation mentioned in the previous section, you must provide a report stating the composition of the family unit or providing the grounds for suitability for access to a free Cuenta de Pago Básica. You must request this report from the social services of the council where you are registered.
If you are a victim of trafficking or sexual exploitation, you have to provide the standard verification form issued by social services or a company specializing in the subject.
If the customer obtains recognition of the right to a free Cuenta de Pago Básica, the effects of this recognition will apply from the request date.
Special scheme for people from Ukraine: go to any BBVA branch where they will inform you about how to open your Cuenta de Pago Básica and the conditions for the application of this free scheme.