Your data at BBVA
The promise of a bank that cares responsibly for your data.
Your data: this is your personal data and we only use it with your consent
Your data belong to you and you have control over them.
BBVA is committed to rigorous data protection and never does anything to your data without your permission. And as privacy is important, we process your data with maximum respect and store them securely.
For this reason, we have stringent security measures in place to guarantee the confidentiality of communications.
For more information, please visit our Personal Data Protection Policy section.
What information do we have about you?
Because we know that transparency is fundamental, we want to give you some examples of the information we have about you and where it comes from.
- Data that identifies you: For example, your name, your postal address, your email address, etc. This way we can contact you to manage the products and services you have, apply for or take out with us.
- Data that tells us about you: This is basic information that you give us, such as your age or occupation.
- Data that lets you bank at BBVA: This includes your digital and electronic signature and the passcodes and passwords you use to log in and use online channels such as the BBVA website and the app.
- Data about your operations: Deposits, payments, transfers, debits, bills and, in general, any operation and transaction associated with the products and services that you have with us and in those banks to which you have given us access.
- Financial data: Related to your financial activity through the products and services you have at BBVA.
Of course, when you take out new products or services with BBVA, your data are processed as agreed.
What can you do with the data?
Your data are yours and you have control over them. We never do anything with them without your consent, and the data relating to your products and services will always be available to you in your personal areas at bbva.es or the BBVA app to:
- View them.
- Amend them when they are incorrect.
- Ask for your data to be deleted, unless they are necessary to provide you with services for regulatory reasons.
- Ask that your data not be used for any of the purposes to which you have not previously given us your consent.
- Allow us to access your data in other banks.
All about processing personal data.
Furthermore, if you request it, you will receive an email a file containing the personal data you have provided us and those that have been obtained in the course of your contractual relationship with BBVA, so you can transfer them to another bank (what is known as portability).
How do we protect your data?
We store your data securely, in the same way we have been doing with your money for more than 150 years.
To that end, at BBVA we guarantee that our procedures, infrastructures and security measures are designed to store your data with the utmost protection, Moreover, we demand that the people who process your data do so always with the greatest respect, according to the self-regulated code of conduct for BBVA employees. Our commitment to compliance is a commitment to our customers.
Data always for your benefit
The more you know, the better your decisions
There are easy decisions we make without thinking. However, other have a big impact on our lives and create some uncertainty: is it better for me to finance the purchase of a home or to rent? What impact will the arrival of a baby have on my finances? How should I save for my retirement?
For that reason, at BBVA we offer solutions to let you:
- Discover how much the house you like may be worth and decide whether it would be better rent or buy. Moreover, you will have all the information about the home to enable you to make the best decisions, with BBVA Valora.
Madiva Soluciones provides its services to BBVA Valora.