Find out about how to reduce your carbon footprint
With simple actions, you can make your way of consuming energy more environmentally friendly.
Using energy-saving mode on your devices
You could save up to 40% on electricity expenditure.
A significant part of household electricity consumption comes from electronic devices. Turning on device screens is one of the operations which consumes the most energy.
Try these ideas involving energy saving mode to lower their consumption:
- Turn down the brightness on displays. Using medium brightness can lower consumption by up to 20% and low brightness can lower it by up to 40%.
- Choose dark wallpapers and screensavers, as they consume less than images with bright colors or images where white stands out.
- Try to lock your computer, mobile or tablet when you take a break.
- Turn off your computer when you are not using it.
- Turn off unnecessary notifications to keep the screen on your device from turning on too often.
By implementing these changes, you will save the battery on your mobile devices and save on your energy bill, prolonging the useful life of your screens.