Find out about how to reduce your carbon footprint
With simple actions, you can make your way of consuming energy more environmentally friendly.
Choose minimally packaged products
You could reduce the waste generated by your home.
How can I reduce the amount of packaging?
The waste generated in homes comes largely from the packaging used to wrap the food we consume.
Try these ideas to reduce this source of waste:
- Use returnable or reusable packaging whenever possible.
- Try to buy products with recyclable packaging and avoid those with unnecessary packaging.
- Whenever possible, opt for containers with greater capacity and avoid individual containers.
- Unless necessary to preserve the quality of the product, ask that it not be wrapped.
- Choose stores that offer biodegradable bags or that allow you to bring your own reusable containers.
When you avoid unnecessary packaging, fewer resources are used to manufacture it, less waste is produced, and there is less of a chance that it won't be recycled, thus polluting the environment for maybe thousands of years.