European Investment Bank credit lines
The credit you need to strengthen the production and competitiveness of your company.
The investments can be financed both as a loan or as leasing.
Repayment term of 2 to 12 years.
You will have preferential financing conditions, both in terms of the interest rate and the fees.
How does it work?
We help you to finance investment projects that aim to strengthen the productivity and competitiveness of companies through the European Investment Bank (EIB) Lines, offering you preferential conditions in both the interest rate and fees for SMEs and midcaps.
BBVA has been working for over 25 years with EIB Lines and for over 150 years helping you to grow every day. Put your trust in our specialists and get a customized line of financing for your company.
When leasing, BBVA acquires an asset for which you pay rent.
- Innovation and Digitization Line for companies.
- SMEs & Mid-caps Line.
- Agri-food Sector Line.
- Intended for self-employed workers, small and medium-sized companies with less than 250 workers and mid-cap companies between 250 and 2,999 workers.
- To access the "Innovation and Digitization for companies" and "Agri-food Sector" lines, the Final Payees must have specific National Classifications of Economic Activities.
- Both the Final Payees and the investment Projects must be located primarily in Spain, although any other European Union member state will also be allowed.
- Until November 20, 2019, or until the available funds are exhausted.
Eligible investment projects
Finance investments and expenses that belong to an eligible investment project, including:
- Acquisition, renewal or extension of tangible assets that are not land.
- Intangible assets.
- Intergenerational succession or the cession of companies to employees with the aim of guaranteeing the continuity of the economic activity of the company.
- The needs of medium and long-term working capital linked to the productive cycle of the company.
Investments can be financed through either the loan or leasing modality.
Economic sectors excluded: arms manufacturing, gambling, manufacturing and processing or distribution of tobacco, activities that use live animals for experimental or scientific purposes, activities that impact the natural environment, ethically or morally controversial activities, property development, purely financial transactions (like the purchase of stock or other financial products).
Terms and Conditions
- Investment projects up to €25 million. Up to 100% of the investment with a maximum amount of €12.5 million.
- Investment projects between EUR 25-50 billion (mid-cap companies). Up to 50% of the investment with a maximum amount of €25 million.
Transactions can be formalized in either the loan or leasing modality.
The transaction period shall never exceed the economic and technical duration of the financed Project. In general, the repayment period must have a minimum duration of 2 years and maximum of 12 years.
Interest rate and fees
You will receive preferential financing conditions, both in the interest rate and in the fees.
BBVA Financing using the EIB-2018 Lines. The granting of transactions is subject to compliance with the requirements established in each of the EIB Lines and prior financing authorization on behalf of BBVA
You might also be interested in
Be a BBVA customer.
Add your banks to the BBVA app
- I have a company
- I am a self-employed worker