The application is made through the usual BBVA adviser, who will answer any questions and specify how to send in the necessary documentation. You can also ask us to call you or you can look for open branches in your location.
ICO Loans for Businesses and Entrepreneurs
Financing solutions for your business
The ICO loan facility for Businesses and Entrepreneurs is intended for investment projects, business activities and/or liquidity needs or expenses.
These loans can be requested by self-employed workers and companies that carry out their business activity in Spain, regardless of their registered office or tax address and whether they are Spanish or foreign.
What can you finance with these ICO loans?
The financing needs to carry out your business activities and/or investments, as well as your liquidity needs and expenses related to the company's own activity. You can also finance the renovation of homes and buildings.Compatibility of this financing with the grants given by other organisationsThis financing may be compatible with grants received from regional authorities or other institutions (subject to the limitations stated in the terms of such grants).Maximum amount per customerUp to €12.5 million in one or various transactions (depending on purpose, the maximum amount may be lower).Term, repayment period and grace period
Interest rate, type and activities excluded
- Validity: facility available while stocks last or until December 31, 2023.
- Repayment and grace period: from 1 to 20 years with the possibility of up to 3 years of grace period for principal (depending on the purpose, the maximum term may be shorter).
- Interest rate: fixed
- Option: arrangement via loan or leasing depending on the purpose
- Excluded activities: the following activities cannot be financed:
- Activities in the arms and ammunition sector.
- Illegal activities under legislation applicable to the operation in question, or according to international agreements and conventions, including regulations on the environment, health and safety and employment.
- Activities that limit individual rights and freedoms or violate human rights.
How do ICO loans work?
The way that an ICO loan works is not very different from the way that a ‘traditional’ bank loan does. The difference, however, is that an ICO loan involves three parties:
- The Instituto de Crédito Oficial, which provides backing for the financing and its terms.
- The credit institution, which analyzes the feasibility of the loan, manages the money being lent, and assumes the risk of any failure to repay by the customer
- The application, who is required to repay it over the stipulated time period, along with the agreed-upon interest.