Leasing for companies
The financing of movable or immovable property through rental payments.
What is leasing?
Leasing for companies is designed for companies and self-employed workers in sales, industry, farming or services and who need equipment, vehicles, furniture, an office, warehouse or any other goods.
We will buy the asset you specify, regardless of the country where it is located (import leasing) or if it is built or under construction, so that your company can then use it in exchange for convenient rental payments, with no large outlays required. Moreover, when the rental agreement ends, you have the option to purchase it.
We help you handle the investments you want to make in movable and immovable property, obtaining the highest tax deductions, depending on your tax regime.
It has the option of insuring the financed assets while covering the entire capital pending repayment in the event of total loss and theft.
Advantages of leasing
For your company
- It is a medium and long-term financing formula (2 years minimum period for personal property and 10 years for real property).
- Financing of up to 100% of the amount of the investment without taxes, since the Leasing is constituted for the total amount of the invoice excluding VAT/IGIC.
- You don't need to have funds available to cover VAT/capital gains tax when the asset is acquired, since it will be paid for by the Bank.
- Financial charge is tax deductible (without limits).
- Cost recovery: tax deductible with an annual limit calculated based on applying the coefficient of linear depreciation according to official tables, to double/triple the cost of the asset. The excess that is financially settled and not tax deductible, due to the limit, is not lost, but can instead be deducted in successive fiscal years, respecting the same annual limit.
- Defer payment of the VAT/capital gains tax over several years: prevents having excess tax to pay in a single year, which is generally not compensated.
- Payment of the acquired goods, with the added productivity they generate.
- It facilitates precise calculation of operating costs.
- At the end of the lease, you can opt to purchase the asset.
- Compatible with ICO facilities and other facilities (EIB, etc.).
If you need different assets for the development of your business activity, with BBVA's Equipment Leasing you will be able to have all of them from the outset, making a regular payment and with no large outlay.
Buying the assets you need for your business (equipment, transport elements, private cars, furniture in general, computer equipment and office equipment), in exchange for regular payments, and at the end of the lease, you can purchase the goods for the fixed residual value.
- It allows the asset to be repaid quickly, or, in other words, for the tax payment to be deferred. In the first years of the asset's useful life, you will pay less in taxes than in subsequent years.
- You will not have to pay large initial outlays and, by paying regular installments, you will be able to add assets to the production processes that increase the returns of your business.
- Possibility of paying the insurance for the asset together with the leasing fee.
- Less need for working capital, as the bank will pay the tax (VAT, IGIC) for purchasing the assets.
Leasing under construction
It is intended to finance movable or immovable property that is not manufactured or built (furniture or properties) or in which a deferment period of payment has been negotiated with the supplier of the asset.
- During this period of the construction or payment referral period, only interest plus taxes will be paid, depending on the payments made to suppliers.
- The interest paid during the construction or payment deferral period is not part of the lease price; therefore, stamp duty is not levied on real estate leasing amounts.
- Prior determination of the payment schedule planned for the initial period is avoided, as is re-settlement based on deviations occurring in the planned schedule.
Final payment leasing
In this financing formula, the final lease payment is the highest. Therefore, the amount to be paid in the rest of the payments is reduced.
This lets a wide range of costly equipment be financed: printing of graphic artwork, forklift trucks, dumpers, bulldozers, tunneling equipment, cranes, heavy trucks, trailers and semitrailers, trains and carriages, boats and aircraft.
The minimum term for this operation is 2 years and the maximum will depend upon the type of asset.
- 100% of the investment is financed, with or without initial disbursements.
- Convenient payment method during the financing period thanks to lower payments.
- Tax deductible.
- Flexibility at leasing expiry:
- Possibility of paying the installment and residual value, thus acquiring the asset.
- Possibility of refinancing the pending capital and residual value in a new operation.
- You will have the possibility of renewing the equipment through the financing of a new leasing operation, delivering the previous one to the distributor on account.
This is a financing formula using lease financing with purchase option, intended for all kind of companies dedicated to farming, forestry and cattle-rearing activities, and that allows the leasing of farming and non-farming machinery, photovoltaic installations or stocks of pigs and cows.
- These production investments can be self-financed by the yields obtained by using the asset, with no initial disbursement.
- Compatible with government subsidy and grant programs.
- Lets a formerly unproductive asset become profitable (ceilings or roofing) with earnings guaranteed by law.
- Investment guaranteed against theft of livestock, accidental death and civil liability, as an owner with the Compulsory Livestock Insurance.
This financial lease formula is designed for companies working in commercial, industrial, farming or services activities, making it possible to finance immovable property linked to their business, whether the property has been built or is under construction.
After the financial leasing period ends, you can exercise the call option established in the contract. The minimum term for this type of operation is 10 years.
- Early repayment depending on the size of the business and the tax depreciation of the asset.
- For companies that, due to their activity, pass on high taxes to third parties, the tax they bear via leasing payments helps them to offset it.
- You can save on taxes when purchasing certain properties.
Are you looking for another type of business loan?
You might also be interested in
Be a BBVA customer.
- At BBVA, we want to help you grow your business by offering the financing you need.
- We are working to make your life a little easier with our digital solutions.
- Our approach is based on transparency, clarity and responsibility.
Add your banks to the BBVA app
I have a company
I am a self-employed worker