- Be self-employed or have an SME.
- Having an account at BBVA. This is where we will charge your premium and pay your compensation, if applicable.
- This insurance policy is for individuals, although the policyholder can be either a natural or legal person (a company)
- You will have to answer a simple medical questionnaire. You may need to have a medical interview over the phone or a medical exam.
- The insured must be between 18 and 59 years old.
BBVA Allianz Autónomos Sick Leave (ILT) Insurance
ILT Insurance for self-employed workers: keep your income when you can't work
Your health comes first
Receive daily compensationIf you are sick or in an accident, Sick Leave Insurance (BBVA Allianz Sick Leave for Self-Employed Workers) makes up for lost wages due to your inability to work. Every day, you receive a fixed amount on top of the Social Security benefit to help you cover any expenses.
Know how much you will receive
Together with your ILT for the self-employed policy, we will give you a scale specifying the days of compensation for the type of illness and the coverage amount. That way, you can know in advance how much you are entitled to. Plus, you don't have to file medical reports or hospital discharge papers.
More coverages at no additional cost
HospitalizationIf you are admitted to a hospital, you receive a daily amount based on the type of policy you have. This amount is added to your compensation for sick leave and to the Social Security benefit.
Full permanent disability or deathThe Sick Leave Insurance (BBVA Allianz Sick Leave for Self-Employed Workers) also doubles as occupational accident insurance. In the event of full permanent disability or death due to this cause, it pays out the compensation specified.
You just need the medical leave form to start receiving your daily benefit.
Set up your sick leave insurance for self-employed workers
Which is the right type of policy for you?
BBVA's sick leave insurance for self-employed workers has three options: Essential, More and More Security. They all include the same coverages but with different amounts of compensation.
Convenient payment optionsThe premium is calculated based on your age, profession and policy type. Your choice of payment deferral options: monthly, quarterly or half-yearly.
Tax relief for being self-employed
In addition to all the advantages offered by the insurance, self-employed workers may also be eligible for tax relief*:
- Up to €500 may be deducted from the health insurance premiums when the self-employed worker pays taxes under a direct estimate scheme, except in Álava, Vizcaya and Guipúzcoa.
- Compensation for Temporary Disability: it will be classified as a capital gain.
- Compensation for Absolute Permanent Disability; as a general rule, it will be subject to Personal Income Tax and will be considered as capital gains.
- Compensation for the death of the insured person: in general, it is subject to the General Inheritance Tax.
Save with the Plan EstarSeguro
Would you like more information?
You might also be interested in
Health Insurance for Self-Employed Workers
- More than 50,000 professionals and 4,200 medical centers.
- Healthcare, tests and hospital stays.
- 24-hour emergency service.
Complemento digital bluaU sin coste el primer año hasta el 31 de enero de 2023.
Be a BBVA customer.
- At BBVA, we offer a wide range of insurance products for protecting both you and your business.
- We are working to make your life a little easier with our digital solutions.
- Our approach is based on transparency, clarity and responsibility.