International guarantees and collateral
Guarantee the payment of commitments and obligations.
What are endorsements and guarantees?
Guarantees and endorsements are instruments used by a financial institution to serve as a guarantor for the commercial or financial commitments acquired by a client company in its operations. This way, they irrevocably ensure compliance with the commercial and/or financial commitments derived from national and international operations.
You can also use our remote banking system to perform all types of queries regarding the status of your endorsements: general data, settlements and upcoming maturities, among others.
What type of guarantees are offered?
- Bid (Bid bond): These are used to present in tenders.
- Performance (Performance bond): The guarantor undertakes to pay the agreed amount to the payee in the event that the contract is breached by the ordering party.
- Reimbursement (Advance payment bond): The payee is guaranteed a refund of advance payments if the ordering party breaches the terms of the contract.
Do it digitally through Avalbox
With Avalbox, you can request, consult, cancel and track the status of your 100% international guarantees online, from the website or your mobile.Benefits
How is the guarantee filed securely?
- Process your international guarantees from anywhere.
- Instantly find out your risk limits, issued guarantees, maturity dates, beneficiaries, amounts, etc.
- With the equivalent value in euros of the amount in currency of the guarantee.
- Request your guarantee using predefined texts or those you propose.
- With cost information from the very beginning.
- Direct: BBVA issues the guarantee. File it on paper or in a SWIFT message.
- Counter-guarantee: A foreign bank issues the guarantee. File exclusively through SWIFT.
Do you know the definition?
You might also be interested in
Be a BBVA customer.
- At BBVA, we give you the tools to manage your business payments easily.
- We are working to make your life a little easier with our digital solutions.
- Our approach is based on transparency, clarity and responsibility.