The joint account with no fees or conditions.
Only for new customers.
Two account holders
Open your fee-free joint account.
Cash withdrawal on debit
Aqua Card. Greater security, more control
A new card with no numbers to control all your expenses
- More secure. The card number and CVV code are no longer printed on it. Only you can access them through the app.
- Dynamic CVV. The CVV security code changes automatically, meaning it's not always the same. This way you will be more protected when you shop online.
- More control. Temporarily turn your cards on or off whenever you want. This way, you can keep them secure if you can't find them or don't use them.
With the BBVA app, too
- Save effortlessly by activating automatic rules to manage your money with Set Up Your Account.
- If you're looking for a home or you already have one, BBVA Valora helps you determine how much it's worth so you can make better decisions.
- Use Bizum to send money instantly from cellphone to cellphone without account numbers.
And much more!
Switch over to BBVA, hassle free
With the Bank Switching Service, we will handle everything for you:
- Without having to go to a branch.
- With no paperwork.
- And without talking to your other bank.
A free and simple way to transfer your income and bills, or an entire account, from another bank. You decide what you want to transfer and BBVA will take care of everything.
What does it offer?
Two account holders
You can open an Account for two account holders directly via the website or the BBVA App.
How does it work?
The joint account is only available for new customers who live in Spain. It can be opened 100% online through bbva.es and the BBVA app.
Both holders can view your account entries and account statement from our website or on your cell phone or tablet. You can also set your notifications to receive alerts for card transactions, deposits, etc.
Do you need two cards?
Charges and fees
In your Joint Account
In your debit cards
- €0 account maintenance service, no fees and no conditions (0% APR).
- €0 account administration service, no fees or conditions.
- €0 for transfers at bbva.es, the BBVA app and ATMs.
- Debit card issue and maintenance fee: €0 with no fees or conditions.
- Fee for withdrawing cash on debit at ATMs abroad: 4.50% (minimum €3.50).
- Fee for withdrawing cash on debit: €0 at BBVA ATMs in Spain.
If you use your card to withdraw Euros from ATMs belonging to a bank that is not part of the BBVA Group in Spain, BBVA will pass on the fee it is charged by the bank that owns the ATM to perform the transaction. Before making a cash withdrawal, the ATM of the owning company will inform the cardholder of the corresponding fee.Tacit overdraft
- Annual interest rate for authorized overdraft. 7.25% NIR.
- Fee for authorized overdraft in the account: 4.50%. Minimum amount €15.
- Overdraft adjustment expenses: €0 if below €18, €30 if over €18.
The interest rate is calculated based on the maximum balance owed during the account settlement period. The APR resulting from the application of borrowing interest and the overdraft fee is legally restricted for "consumers" and cannot be more than 2.5 times higher than the legal interest rate. Any change to the legal interest rate will automatically modify the APR applied to overdrafts.
How do I open a BBVA bank account?
Choose the number of holdersIf you are not BBVA customers, you can become customers with the Account for two account holders.
Your contact and access detailsIn order to use the BBVA app and get access to all its features, you need to enter your contact and login details (email, phone, DNI/NIE and password).
How do you want to identify yourselves?
You can now use our video identification system with one of our advisers. It's free and your bank account will be open and operative within 5 minutes.
If you prefer, you can also confirm your identity with an account number you hold in another bank.
Fill in your personal and financial detailsFill in and confirm your personal details (name, surnames, etc.) as they appear on your ID (DNI/NIE) as well as your tax residence (where you are registered) and financial information.
Sign the contractsAvoid paperwork and making unnecessary trips by signing the contracts of your new bank with a code we send you via SMS (free for you). You will receive it on the cell phone number you provided in step 2. It's that easy.
Would you like more information?
You might also be interested in
Young Person's Online AccountIf you are a student or you are in a university
- €0 No account administration or maintenance fees.
- €0 No issue or maintenance fees for the Aqua Debit Card.
- 6,000 ATMs where you can take out cash on debit free of charge.
ISIC International Student Card free for one year, with discounts in 135 countries (only for new customers).
BBVA Va Contigo Salary AccountFor your paycheck or income.
- €0 for administration and maintenance of the salary account.
- €0 annual fee for the Aqua Debit Card.
- With a personal adviser and management team in the BBVA app.
Just for depositing with us your paycheck for more than €800, a pension or unemployment benefit for more than €300 or receiving transfers of at least €2,500/quarter.
Basic Payment AccountFor personal use.
- Cash deposits and withdrawals.
- Direct debit payments and transfers.
- For one or more account holders.
- Sign up in-branch.
If you don't already have a similar account in Spain.
Be a BBVA customer.
- At BBVA we want to help you with your day-to-day errands.
- We're leaders in digital innovation and we're working to make your life a little bit easier.
- Our approach is based on transparency, clarity and responsibility.