The joint account with no fees or conditions.
Only for new customers.
Two account holders
Open your fee-free joint account.
Cash withdrawal on debit
With the BBVA app, too
World leader in mobile banking
- Save effortlessly by activating automatic rules to manage your money with Set Up Your Account.
- With BBVA Bconomy, you can check your financial health, optimize and track your expenses in detail, improve your ability to save and much more.
- If you're looking for a home or you already have one, BBVA Valora helps you determine how much it's worth so you can make better decisions.
- Use Bizum to send money instantly from cellphone to cellphone without account numbers.
- And much more!
What does it offer?
Two account holders
You can open an Account for two account holders directly via the website or the BBVA App.
How does it work?
The joint account is only available for new customers who live in Spain. It can be opened 100% online through bbva.es and the BBVA app.
Both holders can view your account entries and account statement from our website or on your cell phone or tablet. You can also set your notifications to receive alerts for card transactions, deposits, etc.
Do you need two cards?
Charges and fees
In your Joint Account
In your debit cards
- €0 account maintenance service, no fees and no conditions (1).
- €0 account administration service, no fees or conditions.
- €0 transfers at bbva.es, the BBVA App and ATMs (2).
- Debit card issue and maintenance fee: €0 with no fees or conditions.
- Fee for withdrawing cash on debit: €0 at BBVA ATMs in Spain. Note 1.
- Fee for withdrawing cash on debit at ATMs abroad: 4.50% (minimum €3.5)
- Annual interest rate for authorized overdraft. 7.25% NIR. (3)
- Fee for authorized overdraft in the account: 4.50%. Minimum amount €15. (3)
- Overdraft adjustment expenses: €0 if it is less than €18, €30 if it is more than €18.
How do I open a BBVA bank account?
You can now use our video identification system with one of our advisers. It's free and your bank account will be open and operative within 5 minutes.
If you prefer, you can also confirm your identity with an account number you hold in another bank.
Would you like more information?
You might also be interested in
Young Person's Online AccountIf you are a student or you are in a university
- €0 No account administration or maintenance fees
- €0 No debit card issue or maintenance fees
- 6,000 ATMs where you can take out cash free of charge
ISIC International Student Card free for one year, with thousands of discounts in 135 countries (only for new customers).
BBVA Va Contigo Salary AccountFor your paycheck or income.
- €0 for administration and maintenance of the salary account.
- €0 annual debit or credit card fee**.
- With a personal adviser and management team in the BBVA app.
Just for depositing with us your paycheck for more than €800, a pension or unemployment benefit for more than €300 or receiving transfers of at least €2,500/quarter.
Basic Payment AccountFor personal use.
- Cash deposits and withdrawals.
- Direct debit payments and transfers.
- For one or more account holders.
- Sign up in-branch.
If you don't already have a similar account in Spain.
Be a BBVA customer.
- At BBVA we want to help you with your day-to-day errands.
- We are leaders in digital innovation working to make your life that bit easier.
- Our approach is based on transparency, clarity and responsibility.
(1) APR: 00.0%.
(2) At bbva.es, the BBVA app and ATMs, you pay no fees for transfers in euros, Swedish krona or Romanian leu (ron) within the European Economic Area (members of the European Union + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway). Not including transfers on magnetic media, urgent transfers, FMOs (Fund Movement Orders), same-day-value transfers and immediate transfers. For transfers which are not included, accompanying expenses and transfer fees established for these purposes do apply.
(3) Calculated based on the maximum balance owed during the account settlement period. The APR resulting from the application of borrowing interest and the overdraft fee is legally restricted for "consumers" and cannot be more than 2.5 times higher than the legal interest rate. Any change to the legal interest rate will automatically modify the APR applied to overdrafts.
Note 1: If you use your card to withdraw Euros from ATMs belonging to a bank that is not part of the BBVA Group in Spain, BBVA will pass on the fee it is charged by the bank that owns the ATM to perform the transaction. Before making a cash withdrawal, the ATM of the owning company will inform the cardholder of the corresponding fee.