As this is a comprehensive insurance policy, it is important that you are aware of what is excluded, as anything accidental or extraordinary will be covered. The following types of damages are excluded:
- Losses or damage caused by wear and tear from use and gradual deterioration, a lack of maintenance or redecoration.
- Improper use, construction or design defects, or the use of inadequate or defective materials.
- Damages caused intentionally by the policyholder or a member of their family.
- Damages caused by willful misconduct, fraud or any act that is punishable by law. However, the theft of insured property by domestic employees is not excluded.
- Claims arising from extraordinary risks that are covered by the Insurance Compensation Consortium.
- Losses or damage caused by subsidence, land upheaval or landslides.
- Damages caused by water that has leaked from a swimming pool.