Crib bedding and baby clothes
These items tend to be as good as new as they are only used for a short time. It is recommended to clean crib bedding and baby clothes, even if they appear clean, as they may have gathered dust.
Barriers for staircases and beds, outlet covers, drawer locks, corner protectors, etc. These items can be reused provided they have not become loose, as they are designed to not be removed by children.
Baby bathtubs and changing mats
These are expensive products that tend to stay in good condition as they are only used for a few minutes every day.
- Make sure that the feet are firmly attached and steady.
- It may be advisable to fit a new changing mat cover.
Highchairs are used a lot. However, they are usually quite sturdy and do not break.
- It is advisable to check that the belt opens and closes and that the adjustable height mechanism is working properly.
- Also, check that the material covering the back of the chair is in good condition.
Make sure that the crib is CE Marking approved and in good condition.
- Remember to check that there are no sharp edges or corners and that the space between the bars is not large enough for your baby to fit their head through.
- Also, check the mechanism to lower the side and also the brakes, if the crib has wheels.
When purchasing, remember that your baby is going to spend a lot of time in the stroller. Therefore, they must be comfortable.
- The seat should be as firm as when it was new (as the cushioning may have molded to the shape of the previous baby). Also, check that the safety harness is firmly attached, the brakes work properly, and that there are no loose screws.
- Another important feature is that it has a detachable fabric cover that can be easily removed and washed.
- It is also worth considering the weight of the seat, as newer models are becoming increasingly light.