Typically, public hospitals provide the clothes for the mother and baby during their stay. However, there shouldn't be any problem if you prefer to wear your own clothes and bring your own baby clothes.
Your baby will be given a onesie, a hat to prevent heat loss, and diapers.
The mother will get as many nightgowns as they need and postpartum pads.
Therefore, you'll need to take:
- Dressing gown
- Breastfeeding bras
- Cotton or disposable underwear
- Toilet bag
- Clothes for leaving hospital
- Medical card
- The reports of any tests perform during pregnancy.
- Cell phone, paper and pen in case you want to write something down
- Socks (with the stress of childbirth, your feet may get cold)
- A fan (to help you cool down during childbirth)
- Chap stick (your lips may get dry during childbirth)
- A hairband if you have long hair (in case you need to put it up during childbirth)